To advise the government and other public procurement organs on the policies, strategies and organization of public procurement;
• To monitor activities of public contract award and execution. In this regard procuring entities shall be obliged to provide any information and documentation requested by the NTB;
• To develop human resources and professionalism in public procurement;
• To develop teaching materials, organize training programs, set required qualifications for public procurement professionals;
• To collect and disseminate procurement information on public procurement;
• To suspend or approve the suspension and debarment bidders in public procurement;
• To provide technical support where possible, to public procuring entities;
• To organize public awareness campaigns on matters related to public procurement;
• To establish relations and cooperate with other regional and international agencies of the same responsibilities.
• The main functions assigned to NTB under Section 17 of the Procurement Act 2003 are:
The processing of all procurement which involves:
o Bid Openings and nomination of Evaluation Committees
o Review of Evaluation Reports and Issuing ApprovalsPolicy assistance, capacity building and monitoring in the areas of Issuance and dissemination of the Act, Regulations, directives, procedures and standard bidding documents etc.
o Capacity building and organisation and delivery of training programmes
o Creation of Management Information Systems (MIS)
The National Tender Board is based on the following Principles:
Public participation in procurement to allow free and fair competition minimizes corruption in the system, creating confidence, credibility, and reflects good governance on the part of the county’s leadership. Transparency is practiced through public advertisement in public media, national and international papers of high circulation.
The key principle generally accepted that underlies the modern system of public procurement is open competition, universal access is unrestricted procurement. This ensures the best efficiency in the use of public funds. Its implementation allows to attract the maximum number of candidates and to achieve the objective of quality at the best price. Similarly its implementation is a struggle against corruption and similar acts.
Public procurement entails efficient use of public funds to ensure value for money, achievable and realizable public programs and projects at minimum cost.
While implementing public policy, competition based and guided by both quantitative and qualitative criteria is conducted to achieve best quality at minimum.
Efficiency to expedite procurement functions is of high essence so as to avoid bogging down implementation of public programs at the expense of transparency.
Considerations of fairness is an aspect of good governance where benefits from public resources are evenly distributed to minimize monopolistic tendencies that may come about due to uneven distribution of capacity and other influencing factors.
Accountability is an administrative necessity in public administration, more so with regard to public financial management. This principle implies sound management of the process of procurement.
We exist to lead a devolved, efficient and cost effective Public Procurement and Asset Disposal. Our aim is to make Cameroon the centre of regional excellence in public procurement. We aim at being a role model organization, promoting and demonstrating best practices and fairness with regard to the procurement of goods and services in the public sector, thus earning the trust of our stakeholders.